THE STAGES OF CHANGE
- Pre-contemplation: Being stuck; not seeing the need to make a change.
- Contemplation: Being ambivalent about change; still discovering reasons to change, the problem is becoming uncomfortable.
- Preparation: Being motivated to change; looking toe ways to so it, asking for ideas and help; still wanting to do it yourself.
- Action: Taking steps to change; setting goals and having acceptability to achieve them. Giving up control to God and others.
- Maintenance: Sustaining the change; preventing relapse, experiencing the rewards of change, keeping commitments to recovery, reaching out to others.
- Relapse: Testing the new change; starting over without getting stuck; renewing deternination and resuming maintenance. Learning from the experience.
Michael Dye,THE GENESIS PROCESS.
So we are all changing, in the process of change, or firmly stuck…Where are you?